(With Huu Tue Huynh & Van Son Lai)
(With Huu Tue Huynh & Van Son Lai)
- Stella MUHANJI Kalu OJAH & Issouf SOUMARÉ. How Does Natural Resource Endowment and Institutional Quality Influence the Nexus between External Indebtedness and Welfare in Africa? Economic Systems (forthcoming).
- Issouf SOUMARÉ & Hubert TCHAKOUTE TCHUIGOUA. The effect of loan approval decentralization on microfinance institutions’ outreach and loan portfolio quality. Journal of Business Research (forthcoming).
- Issouf SOUMARÉ. An Econometric Analysis of the Determinants of CVA Spreads. Journal of Fixed Income (forthcoming).
- Van Son LAI, Duc Khuong NGUYEN, William SODJAHIN & Issouf SOUMARÉ. Discretionary Idiosyncratic Risk, Firm Cash Holdings, and Investment. Advances in Pacific Basin Business, Economics and Finance, Vol. 6, pp. 51-75 (Chapter 3); Edited by Cheng Few Lee and Min-The Yu.
- Mohamed BELKHIR, Jocelyn GRIRA, M. Kabir HASSAN & Issouf SOUMARÉ, Islamic Banks and Political Risk: International Evidence. Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance (forthcoming)
- Jocelyn GRIRA, M. Kabir HASSAN, Chiraz LABIDI & Issouf SOUMARÉ, Equity Pricing in Islamic Banks: International Evidence. Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Vol. 55, No. 3, 2019, 613-633.
- Sionfou Seydou COULIBALY, Lewis Landry GAKPA & Issouf SOUMARÉ. The Role of Property Rights in the Relationship between Capital Flows and Economic Growth in SSA: Do Natural Resources Endowment and Country Income Level Matter? African Development Review, Vol. 30, No. 1, 2018, pp. 112–130.
- Ayoub GARGOURI, Van Son LAI & Issouf SOUMARÉ. Revisiting Interest Rate Swap Valuation with Counterparty Risk, Wrong-Way Risk and OIS Discount. The Journal of Fixed Income, Vol. 26, No. 3, 2017, pp. 63-80.
- Issouf SOUMARÉ & Ernest TAFOLONG, Risk-Based Capital for Credit Insurers with Business Cycles and Dynamic Leverage. Quantitative Finance, Vol. 17, No. 4, 2017, pp. 597–612.
- Issouf SOUMARÉ, Fulbert TCHANA TCHANA & Thierry Martial KENGNE. Analysis of the Determinants of Financial Inclusion in Central and West Africa. Transnational Corporations Review, Vol. 8, No. 4, 2016, pp. 231–249.
- Issouf SOUMARÉ, Gaston GOHOU & Hugues KOUADIO. Comparative Study of the Characteristics of FDI from Developed Countries versus China in Africa. Transnational Corporations Review, 8, No. 3, 2016, pp. 165-177.
- Issouf SOUMARÉ & Van Son LAI. An Analysis of Government Loan Guarantees and Direct Investment through Public-Private Partnerships. Economic Modelling, Vol. 59, 2016, pp. 508–519.
- Isaac OTCHERE, Issouf SOUMARÉ & Pierre YOUROUGOU. FDI and Financial Market Development in Africa. The World Economy, Vol. 39, 5,2016, pp. 651–678.
- Jocelyn GRIRA, M. Kabir HASSAN & Issouf SOUMARÉ. Pricing Beliefs: Empirical Evidence from the Implied Cost of Deposit Insurance for Islamic Banks. Economic Modelling, 55, 2016, pp. 152–168.
- Ben AMOAKO-ADU, Issouf SOUMARÉ & Pierre YOUROUGOU (Guest Editors). In this Issue (Emerging Africa: Rise of Business and Entrepreneurship Opportunities). Transnational Corporations Review, Vol. 7, No. 4, 2015, pp. I-III.
- Alexandre TÊTU, Van Son LAI, Issouf SOUMARÉ & Michel GENDRON. Hedging flood losses in Quebec using Cat-Bonds. Asia-Pacific Journal of Risk and Insurance, Vol. 9, No. 2, 2015, pp. 149–184. Lead article.
- Issouf SOUMARÉ. Does Foreign Direct Investment Improve Economic Development in North African Countries? Applied Economics, Vol. 47, No. 51, 2015, pp. 5510-5533
- Issouf SOUMARÉ & Fulbert TCHANA TCHANA, Causality between FDI and Financial Market Development: Evidence from Emerging Markets. World Bank Economic Review (WBER), Vol. 29 (Supplement), 2015, pp. S205-S216.
- Kabir HASSAN & Issouf SOUMARÉ. Guarantees and Profit-Sharing Contracts in Project Financing. Journal of Business Ethics, Vol. 130, Issue 1, 2015, pp 231-249.
- Walid AMDOUNI & Issouf SOUMARÉ. An Analysis of the Determinants of S&P Ratings Assigned to Canadian Firms: Application of a Multinomial Logit. Journal of Risk Management in Financial Institutions, Vol. 7, No. 4, 2014, 353-369.
- Issouf SOUMARÉ (with Alaa GUIDARA, Van Son LAI, & Fulbert TCHANA TCHANA), Banks’ Capital Buffers, Risk and Performance in the Canadian Banking System: Impact of Business Cycles and Regulatory Changes. Journal of Banking & Finance, Vol. 37, No. 9, 2013, pp. 3373-3387.
- Issouf SOUMARÉ. Incentives and Voluntary Investment in Employer Shares. Economic Notes, 42, No. 1, 2013, pp. 1-17.
- Issouf SOUMARÉ (with Edoh K. AMENOUNVÉ, Ousmane DIOP, Dramane MEITÉ, & Yao Djifa N’SOUGAN). Applying the CAPM and the Fama-French Model to the BRVM Stock Market. Applied Financial Economics, 23, No. 4, 2013, 275-285.
- Issouf SOUMARÉ (with Yao Djifa N’SOUGAN). Modeling Sovereign Default Risk: Comparing Models and Capturing the Impact of the Business Cycle. Journal of Risk Management in Financial Institutions, 6, No. 1, 2013, pp. 75-96.
- Issouf SOUMARÉ (with Van Son LAI & Yan SUN). Financial Guarantors’ Executive Compensation, Charter Value and Risk-Taking. Research in International Business and Finance, Vol. 26, 2012, 387-397.
- Issouf SOUMARÉ (with Gaston GOHOU). Does Foreign Direct Investment Reduce Poverty in Africa and are There Regional Differences? , World Development, Vol. 40, No. 1, 2012, 75–95.
- Issouf SOUMARÉ (with Gaston GOHOU). The Determinants of Development Projects’ First Disbursement Delay: The Case of the African Development Bank; In “Fostering Development in an Era of Financial and Economic Crises”; Proceedings of the African Economic Conference 2009, African Development Bank and United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, 2011.
- Issouf SOUMARÉ (with Fabien YOUBISSI & Michel GENDRON). Comparative Analysis of Multiple-Guarantor Agreements. Journal of Risk Management in Financial Institutions, 4, No. 2, 2011, 146-161.
- Issouf SOUMARÉ (with Sébastien JACQUES & Van Son LAI). Synthetizing a Debt Guarantee: Super-Replication versus Utility Approach. International Review of Financial Analysis, Vol. 20, 2011, 27–40.
- Issouf SOUMARÉ (with Van Son LAI). Credit Insurance and Investment: A Contingent Claims Analysis Approach. International Review of Financial Analysis, Vol. 19, 2010, 98–107.
- Issouf SOUMARÉ (with Van Son LAI). Risk-Based Capital and Credit Insurance Portfolios. Financial Markets, Institutions & Instruments, Vol. 19, No. 1, 2010, 21-45.
- Issouf SOUMARÉ (with Luc GRÉGOIRE & Van Son LAI). Economic Capital for Bond Insurers. Journal of Fixed Income, Vol. 19, No. 3, 2010, 47-65.
- Issouf SOUMARÉ. La Pratique de la Finance Islamique. Assurance et Gestion des Risques (Insurance and Risk Management), Vol. 77, No. 1-2, April-July 2009, 59-78.
- Issouf SOUMARÉ (with Van Son LAI & Yves LANGLOIS). Hedging Portfolios of Financial Guarantees. Journal of Risk, Vol. 11, 2008/09.
- Issouf SOUMARÉ (with Paul ANGOUA & Van Son LAI). Project Risk Choices under Privately Guaranteed Debt Financing. The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 48, No. 1, 2008, pp. 123-152.
- Issouf SOUMARÉ (with Michel GENDRON & Van Son LAI). Project Finance with Limited Recourse: An Option Pricing Approach to Debt Capacity and Project Risk. The Journal of Structured Finance, Vol. 13, No. 3, Fall 2007, 97-104.
- Issouf SOUMARÉ. Equilibrium with Excessive Holdings Constraint: An Application to DC Pension Plan. International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance, Vol. 10, No. 7, 2007, pp. 1159-1190.
- Issouf SOUMARÉ. International Capital markets and Redundant Securities. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Vol. 31, No. 3, 2007, pp. 1037-1050.
- Issouf SOUMARÉ. Investment in Employer Shares, Incentive-alignment, and Monitoring. Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, 6, No. 2, 2007, pp. 107-125.
- Issouf SOUMARÉ. Les Fonds de Pension: Structure, Comptabilité, Immunisation et Risque. Assurance et Gestion des Risques (Insurance and Risk Management), Vol. 74, No. 3, 2006, pp. 415-429.
- Issouf SOUMARÉ (with Michel GENDRON & Van Son LAI). An Analysis of Portfolios of Insured Debts. The Journal of Fixed Income, Vol. 16, No. 1, 2006, pp. 55-64.
- Issouf SOUMARÉ (with Michel GENDRON & Van Son LAI). Effects of Maturity Choices on Loan Guarantee Portfolios. The Journal of Risk Finance, Vol. 7, No. 3, 2006, pp. 237-254.
- Issouf SOUMARÉ (with Van Son LAI & Youssef SAKNI). A Simple Method for Computing Value at Risk using PCA and QMC. The Journal of Financial Decision Making, 1, No. 2, 2005, pp. 1-13.
- Issouf SOUMARÉ (with Van Son LAI). Investment Incentives in Project Finance in the Presence of Partial Loan Guarantees. Research in Finance, Vol. 22, 2005, pp. 161-186.
- Issouf SOUMARÉ. 401(k) Pension Plans Investments in Employer Shares. ZEWnews Stock Option Watch, Vol. 2, 2005 (Publication of the Centre for European Economic Research). (Invited summary article)
- Issouf SOUMARÉ (with Michel GENDRON & Van Son LAI). An Analysis of Private Loan Guarantee Portfolios. Research in International Business and Finance, Vol. 16, 2002, pp. 395-415.
Working Papers and Work in Progress
- Michel GENDRON, Van Son LAI & Issouf SOUMARÉ. Economic Capital for Insurers: Insurance Cycle and Catastrophic Risk. Document de recherche, Université Laval, 2015.
- Alaa GUIDARA, Jean-Pierre GUEYIÉ, Van Son LAI & Issouf SOUMARÉ. Banks’ Non-Traditional Activities Under Regulatory Changes: Impact on Risk, Performance and Capital Adequacy. Working Paper, Université Laval, 2014.
- Van Son LAI, William SODJAHIN & Issouf SOUMARÉ. Firm Cash Holdings, Idiosyncratic Risk and Analyst Coverage.
- Issouf SOUMARÉ & Tan WANG (UBC). International Risk Sharing, Investment Restrictions and Asset Prices.
- Issouf SOUMARÉ & Longkai ZHAO (Peking U.). Heterogeneous Risk Aversion with Demographic Changes and Equilibrium Prices.
- Mamadou S. BALDÉ, Nabil KHOURY, et Issouf SOUMARÉ. L’hétérovariance des prix du pétrole brut et l’efficacité de la couverture à l’aide des contrats à terme boursiers: Cas des importations guinéennes. Working paper, Chaire Desjardins de gestion des produits dérivés (#02-2005).
- PhD thesis: “Three Essays on Investments and Incentives: An Application to Pension Plans”. Faculty of Graduate Studies, The University of British, 2004. PhD committee members: Dr. Tan Wang (supervisor), Dr. Ron Giammarino (co-supervisor), Dr. Murray Frank, Dr. Rob Heinkel, Dr. Alan Kraus, Dr. Domenico Cuoco (Wharton, external examiner), & Dr. Patrick Francois & Dr. Ralph Winter (University Examiners).